Resolved
4.1
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Aug 21

RESOLVED

Update by user Aug 21

company agreed to replace bed

Original review posted by user Aug 20

DO NOT BUY TEMPUR-PEDIC! I spent $5,700 on a Cloud Breeze Luxe mattress and box spring (which is now discontinued).

It was firm for about a year, then I started having lower back pain. I’ve been going to a chiropracter ever since. I’ve never had back pain before I purchased this mattress.

I called Tempurpedic in May of 2019 to report the loss of firm support and back pain – and was advised to turn the mattress. I did so immediately and the bed felt much better and my back pain went away.

However, this only lasted through mid-July 2019 and its been losing firmness ever since.

Now, my back pain is right back to where it was before. The memory foam must be defective and is not supporting my back properly. The reason I bought the bed originally was for firm support.

“The 10 year warranty” – a joke

After submitting the warranty claim form, spending (2) hours taking photos, and speaking on the phone with their representatives, I am thoroughly dissatisfied with the response I’ve received from Tempur-pedic.

In my conversations with customer service, they tried shifting the blame to the retailer, but this is poor strategy considering the fact that the mattress is defective.

I spoke to their Executive Director of customer service who was of no assistance whatsoever. I tried presenting every possible alternative to remedy this matter.

However, she stated that the warranty does not cover defects regarding loss of support or deterioration of firmness within the mattress. She emphasized that Tempur-pedic bears no responsibility for such a defect.

Additionally, she would not offer any options to settle this matter amicably. I tried explaining that defective products are outside the bounds of a warranty, and if necessary, the Federal Trade Commission can order a national recall.

With this particular mattress, I believe such action is warranted. Interestingly, the company “updated” this model in 2019 and now offers “soft” and “firm.” They must have received thousands of complaints (like mine) to make such changes.

Tempur-pedic should be ashamed of how it treats its customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Tempurpedic Mattress.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

TempurPedic Cons: Poor design, Cheap construction, Defective memory foam, Product warrent, No return policy.

• Suffering