2K views

Mattress King told us Tempur-Pedic NEVER goes on sale....

1 month after we paid an outrageous amount for a king, it was discounted $600 (ad in 5-19-2012 paper). called Mattress King, they can't help and offered their apologies. Most retailers offer a price guarantee. If an item goes on sale for less within 60-90 days, a refund is offered. BUT NOT MATTRESS KING!! The explanation from Mattress King makes no sense...."the sale is put on by Tempurpedic". Doesn't Tempurpedic pass on the savings to Mattress King and then the consumer?

"I looked into your purchase of the Tempurpedic Cloud supreme on 4.19.

Unfortunetly there is nothing Mattress King can do. Tempurpedics are price regulated and the sale for $600 off is put on by Tempur, not Mattress King.

The Tempurpedic rules of the current $600 off sale is not good on any purchases prior to May 18.

I am sorry, but there is nothing we can do.

Megan "

Review about: Tempurpedic Mattress.

Had an Experience with TempurPedic?

Comments

Also, listen to Fricc.What he/she is saying about the Rx to save on sales tax is true.

I have back issues, so my doctor wrote me a TempurPedic Rx. This tax savings will save me a couple hundred dollars and the Rx didn't cost me anything because I have no co-pay for non-specialist doctor visits. I haven't heard about any other mattress company honoring Rx's, so right now it's pretty much good for Tempurpedic only. And yeah, you need a legitimate back issue; not just a pain in your back from contemplating the high price of the mattress.

But I'm all set now.

I have my doctor's prescription in-hand and I know when the next sale is.Cloud Supreme, you're almost mine!

#1 You shouldn't be counting pennies if you're buying an upper-end product like a $5000 King mattress or a BMW.But if you're like me, you wait for the sales; which brings me to

#2 The stores DEFINITELY know when TempurPedic is having their sales.

I know when the sales will happen because I also bond with high-end product sales people. When I buy a mattress or car I become a fixture in the store and get the salesmen to talk about themselves and bond with me. Soon, I know the bottomline and for their part they know I will eventually buy from them; so it's win/win. I missed the last TempurPedic sale by a couple days, but I know when the next one is thanks to my relationship with the mattress store.

In some ways I feel your pain though because you made a big purchase and thought you were getting a great deal but you weren't. You feel cheated because they didn't open the magic box of knowledge, which I'm telling you actually exists. I have physically been behind the counter and browsed with the sales rep the planned upcoming TempurPedic sales for 2013. So now you have two things to be aggravated about--you didn't get the absolute best price due to not knowing about the upcoming sale and the store isn't fessing up that they knew.

Still playing their game.

I'm sure they are supposed to tell you this though.Man, what a racket!

It's the bases that go on sale, not the mattress.

OK, was it discounted $800 or $600 ? Get your story right and you had a 90 day trial so why didnt you just return it ??

wrote a letter to Tempurpedic; actually received a reply.They stated they intend to remedy the situation although not sure at this time how.

That\'s good news from a company that appears to be sensitive to customer complaints.will update when I have more details.

I agree with Michael - it's like when you see a special package from your own cable company.Chances are you paid more for the same service when you signed up X amount of time ago.

Vendors can put special offers out anytime they want to, and they dont need to honor a previous (higher) price.It is what it is - move on and you will start seeing straight again ;)

Just so everyone knows.Something most sales people don't tell you because they don't want you to leave the store.

You can have your doctor write a prescription stating why you need the bed. Once you have that prescription you pay ZERO sales tax! Ask them about it and youll see what i am talking about.

I am buying my bed tuesday most likely( I have to waiting then because my doctor isn't working the holiday ).So on a cloud luxe in florida you save $413.94.

think this falls in the tough sh*t department......i mean really!

Hello Mam,

You can return that by law; but that is the main reason people buy from Mattress Firm because of that 100 day policy, without charging you sanitation fee or restocking fee which usually cost $400. After yo return it, call me and I will deliver it you for FREE and give you the sale price. If you don't like it in 100 days, we give you your money back no questions ask. Because we have 1100 stores in the nation, we can take the hit for you that Tempur-pedic would charge any stores for restocking fee and sanitation fee and charge you $0. We take out that fear factor.

Call me at 913-449-3380 and let me help you.

Ferdinand Guinto

Sleep Expert

Tempurpedic Headquarter

Can you please send me the ad?I can't seem to find that anywhere.

All I see is 200 off on their site.

I looked at mattress king and they don't have it on their site.I am in the market for a tempurpedic bed.

Thanks