Below is our complaint to the owner Craig Carpenter of a medium size local Southern California mattress chain called Orange County Mattress-- you are NOT alone. I do not understand why no one has filed a class action suit against Tempurpedic. How can they continue to get away with compliant after complaint about the exact same issue?
Craig, your customer service SUCKS with a capitol "S". Let me explain to you and your viewers of You Tube and other social media outlets what happened. My partner and I purchased a new Tempurpedic Mattress for $2700.00 in July 2012. These mattresses carry a manufactures warranty of 20 years. This month, January 2016, we purchased a new bedroom set and had to remove the mattress from the wooden side rail frame it had been placed on. To our horror, we discovered the entire downside of the mattress was covered in a blackish, yellow mold that had spread all of over. We are clean freaks, do not have children and do not let our dog on the bed. We immediately got online and searched under "mold Tempurpedic mattress". We discovered that hundreds of complaints had been filed or logged with this exact same issue. We then called, Phil the manager of the Naples store letting him know what had happened. We also filed an online claim with Temperpedic by submitting all of the required photos, purchase receipts , etc. the same day. They advised us it would take them 3-5 business days to review the claim and IF and only IF THEY decided this was not a defect they would provide us with a new exact Tempurpedic replacement. At that point we did not want another Temperpedic mattress. When you lose trust in a brand name product that endangers your health in a potentially deadly way, why in the world would we want another mattress by the same brand? Additionally, we placed the mattress in our garage since we did not want this unhealthy toxic moldy item in our bedroom one more minute. Upon arrival at the Naples location, Phil the manager told us this was a manufactures problem and that he could not do anything except sell us another mattress. Your kidding right? We were FURIOUS to say the least since we had no other place to sleep in our small home but a single couch. We demanded that he call YOU the owner and he said he could not do that. We demanded to speak to a supervisor/district manager/ VP anyone who could give us an exchange mattress so we would not be without one. for a week or longer-- Nope couldn't do anything. Your company policies SUCK. YOU, the distributor and seller of a DEFECTIVE and EXPENSIVE product under a warranty need to take full responsibility and empower your impotent management staff to take care of emergency customer situations like this one. We were so disgusted by the lack of customer response at Orange County Mattress, other than, ...Quote-- '"Its a Tempuredic Issue and since you've filed the claim you'll have to wait.." We went over to Sit N Sleep on PCH in Long Beach and purchased a new NON Tempurpedic mattress. We explained what had happened to us and the sales manager how they would have handled this exact situation-- here is what your competition said:
1. We would have immediately honored the warranty in-house and replaced the mattress.
2. We would have then called and settled the issue with Tempurpedic assuming a claim had been filed ( which we had done)
WOW-- what the *** is wrong with this picture? Tell me how your direct competitor can do this but your *** chain cannot? I challenge you to be honest and direct and transparent with your response. The lack of customer service and accountability on behalf of your chain and employee manager has done the following:
1. You will lose us as customers forever. We have spent thousands of dollars in your store.
2. We will tell absolutely everyone we know on social media, twitter, Facebook, parties, networking events, BBB sites, consumer reports sites, at work, friends, neighbors, Yelp, and anyone who has or is thinking about purchasing a Tempurpedic mattress-- we will especially stress not to purchase it from your store.
3. We will go on Yelp to the direct competitor site ( Sit N Sleep) and specifically discuss our purchase experience with the readers.
4. This will cost your chain much, much, much more than had your policies been in place to handle a dangerous mold issue from a defective mattress and done the right thing.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of customer service
- Warranty issue
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Tempurpedic Mattress
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "BOBS SELLS REFURBISHED FURNITIRE!!! (See Pictures)I am very, very pleased with my Bob's purchase. My wife and I were looking for a new bedroom set. So in..."
- "We purchased a queeen size Serta Mattress set from Mazer in Birmingham Alabama that is defective. I had it picked up and delivered to the house we are buying, but..."
- "KraftMaid APC "All Plywood Construction" is a true misnomer. The backs of the cabinets are made from a combination of strips of plywood (for wall attachment) and a sheet of..."
- "SHORT STORY: Girl buys items, items are counterfeit, girl leaves honest review, seller trolls girl to revise offers refunds and/or discounts on next purchase if review is revised, girl agrees..."
- "I purchased this set in July 2012 since then it started Cracking and Peeling. I had also purchased the Extended Warranty. Since I had that warranty I called and was..."
- "I went to jack in the box located at PCH/redondo, Long beach CA 3 days in a roll to have portobello mushroom burger. The first two days the food was..."
- "Shipping is in the time. If there is some problem with a product then they will help you to resolve it (replys to your message at 24 hours). You can..."
- "This is the work of Appliances done right! They said they provided a 90 day warranty, but they will not come out and fix the issues I'm having. ..."
- "Vizio, 18 mos. and $1700.00. 70 inch and the screen lost the picture and kept the voice. I called vizio and went through there test and it was still no..."