Pinellas Park, Florida
1K views

We recently purchased a Tempurpedic mattress. It has proven to be a huge mistake.

All our research indicated a high satisfaction rate for this bed and suggested that it would be particularly good for spinal pain. I have spondylolisthesis in my cervical spine plus several degenerative discs due to a past auto accident. The pain, when it is present, is especially bad at night which creates a great deal of sleep deprivation as long as it continues. I had just spent 4 months trying multiple modalities to get this under control and was doing pretty well.

Then we purchased a Cloud Tempurpedic mattress. Actually, we originally purchased their Weightless bed which felt very much like like sleeping on an ironing board. So we traded for the Cloud. I immediately noticed that I awoke with a back ache, something I had never had before.

After five days, I awoke in the middle of the night with the return of the neck pain. Now I have to try and get this pain under control again. Meanwhile, I am sleeping in our guest room and wish we had purchased better beds, but it is better than the Tempurpedic.

My husband feels that he could get used to it, but that it would not be his choice.

We are both athletic people. I am only 5'4", 112 lbs; my husband is tall, but slim. Perhaps we need to be bigger for this bed to be helpful. It also smells really odd.

I am so confused by all the accolades and wonder what is anatomically wrong with us for this to be so disastrous. The money spent is painful but not nearly as bad as the physical pain this has caused. When I called a medical office that treats neck pain to make an appointment, I was told that they never recommend Tempurpedic beds to any of their patients. I wish I had called before we made this purchase.

We will take the financial loss, I guess, but now we need to know exactly what to buy that will work for us. I guarantee, it will not involve Memory Foam.

Product or Service Mentioned: Tempurpedic Bed.

Comments

Kansas City, Missouri, United States #869697

The mattress is a toxic waste dump of chemicals and cancer causing VOC's I've seen the lab results, things like Formaldehyde are in this bed. DO NOT EVER BUY ONE

Ive had mine for about 7 years and its is the best bed period

Those *** spring mattresses arent worth a ***

My Tempure is still firm as the day we bought it, I will never go back it did smell a bit strong the first 5 days after that it was gone

Dallas, Texas, United States #585318

Pretty cool story for a little ***.

Alief, Texas, United States #574545

Maybe you should have looked at another model. Maybe the cloud is to soft for you.

I just received my Raposdy Breeze about 2 weeks ago and love it. I wouldn't even think about buying anything else at this point. I sleep better on this bed than I have in years. My wife and I love this bed.

My back just doesn't hurt anymore. I do feel refreshed in the morning. Just goes to show you that even though some may not like it, it doesn't mean that it isn't a good bed. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good nights sleep.

But make sure you pick the correct one for you. The soft may feel good in the showroom, but you need to really think about sleeping in it for 6 to 8 hours a night.

to What the ***? Columbus, Ohio, United States #576061

Wait until you have had that mattress a couple of years. It is like sleeping in *** that you cannot get out of.

Eliane