4 years ago, I invested in a TempurPedic mattress. 2 years later, I found MOLD growing on the bottom of the mattress and filed a claim with the company.

I wanted a refund, but they said they would only provide a replacement bed. They told me it was an environmental issue (considering Oregon climate) and that I needed to encase the entire new mattress in a protective sheet - as opposed to the mattress protector that covers just the top to protect against this happening. I did that. But guess what I found yesterday -- Black mold growing INSIDE the mattress and pushing its way out of the protective encasing.

Now let me be clear: there is no mold on the outside of the mattress protector, no mold on the foundations, no mold on the top of the mattress - the mold is AGAIN on the bottom of the mattress.

I filed a claim - and it was denied as "mold is considered an environmental issue". Again, there is no mold on the foundation of this bed and NO MOLD on any other mattress in this house. ONLY on the bottom of the very expensive TempurPedic. I wrote to them on their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/TempurPedic/) - and they blocked me.

They sent my further complaints to a "higher department" who wrote back to report they decline my claim because they already replaced the bed once and mold doesn't fall under the warranty (the mattress has a 25 year warranty).

That said, upon closer inspection -- mold in TempurPedic mattresses is a common problem with their mattresses. I have found complaint after complaint, video's, pictures, and blogs that talk about this issue - yet the company still does nothing about their poor product.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

I liked: Answered the phone.

I didn't like: Warranty, Warrant and customer service, Refuse to respond.

Comments

Dealing with the exact same thing. Wish I would have done some research before paying so much for a mattress.