Tulsa, Oklahoma
1.1K views
2.3

We purchased a king size Tempur-pedic mattress set in early 2011 from a local home furnishings store (zip 74604). My wife had a sciatic nerve problem helped with steroid epidural injections.

She wanted to try a tempur-pedic mattress set to see if it would minimize the re-occurrence of her problem. After about 2-3 months of sleeping on our Tempur-pedic set, I developed significant spinal problems and severe sciatic pain which was finally addressed with complex spinal and neural surgery. After two years or so back on the tempur-pedic system, my problems have reoccurred- only worse! My neurosurgeon felt the tempur-pedic system was not providing adequate support.

It's difficult to move around on the bed without sinking in, and after several hours in a position, the mattress makes a valley under you.

My pain is significantly improved by sleeping on a medium quality twin bed mattress (too short and too narrow for me) in our guest room. $3500 down the drain, unless you enjoy spinal surgery with a week stay in the hospital, and a re-occurrence of serious pain.

Product or Service Mentioned: Tempurpedic Mattress.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Tempur-Pedic mattress