Albuquerque, New Mexico

Tempur-pedic almost killed me. By the second night sleeping on it I began to get sick. A general break down of my physical health to the point, (after a year and a half), where I felt like I was dying. I felt like I was 90 years old and frail and every injury in my life, even minor ones, were now painful and making it difficult to function. Quality of life is horrible and I am only 58 years old. Several doctors were tried but they could not figure out what was wrong. Slept on mattress for a year and a half, not ever thinking it could be to blame. Mattress was delivered and salesman AND Tempur-Pedic say, no need to air it out. So, freshly made here in New Mexico, in a plastic bag, mattress is delivered. Opened bag and smell is not bad so we do as suggested and sleep on it that night. By second evening I am noticeably ill. It was attacking my central nervous system and causing me to lay in bed, on this killer mattress, because that's what you do when you are to sick, right? Having no idea that it was the mattress making me sick I continued to sleep on it for a year and a half. Six months off it now and recovering but it is a slow process. I am now super sensitive to all environmental ..."triggers"? and live in fear of the next thing that is going to hurt me. To add insult to injury, no one cares. Called Tempur-Pedic and was transferred immediately to what sounded to be a lawyer who denied any responsibility and treated me very poorly. People should know these mattresses can hurt you. Can anyone help me? Why doesn't anyone care?

Ron

575-770-2923

alycats7@comcast.net

Product or Service Mentioned: Tempurpedic Mattress.

Reason of review: can poison chemically sensitive people.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

TempurPedic Cons: Terrible customer service, Refuse to respond.

Comments

I just got rid of my TempurPedic and I am finally starting to sleep. I had sinus problems, breathing problems to the point where I went to the hospital one night.

They couldn't figure it out. I finally started sleeping in the guest room (regular old mattress) and my problems started going away. The night I tried sleeping back on the TempurPedic the problems returned. I thought it could be any number of things in my master bedroom causing the problems, but when I took the TempurPedic out of the master bedroom all my problems went away.

My wife was waking up with sore irritated eyes, but now that problem has gone. I am convinced that the mattress was killing me. I am no longer depressed, I sleep the whole night through and I feel great.

I had no idea a product that could be so harmful would be allowed be sold anywhere in the world, but there are no regulations as to what can go into a mattress except that it be "new material". Get rid of your TempurPedic now, before serious health issues arise.

Because it is not your mattress. I sell them, and more importantly sleep on one, they don't make anyone sick.

TempurPedic Reviews