Cincinnati, Ohio
1.4K views

My wife and I purchased split king Tempur-Pedic Rhapsody complete with individual adjustable bases and was happy with our purchase for about 3 years. After that things have gone down hill quickly.

Do not depend on Tempur's warranty it does not cover the problems we have with the mattresses.

We purchased the Rhapsody because we like a firm bed. Starting about the third year the bed just started getting soft and continues to get softer each passing day.

It has gotten so bad that sitting on the bed you sink over 6 inches of the 11 inch thickness. It did not do that when it was new.

The problem is it returns back to it's normal shape like it was never slept/sat on. That is why the warranty is worthless. Tempur only covers it if it does not return to within 3/4 of the inch to its original shape.

Bottom line is the bed has little support. You just sink into it and not evenly creating joint problems over time.

Each of us not realizing started sleeping in different not normal positions trying to get a good night sleep. Over time this has cause joint pains in both of us.

Now that we have figure that the bed is causing both of us pains and while we are searching for a replacement. We decided to turn the mattress over and sleep on the hard foam side not the memory foam. Our sleep and pains greatly improved but the mattress is a little unstable with the memory foam down.

Bottom line, If you like a firm bed do not purchase a Tempur-Pedic. They say it is a 20+ year mattress we did not get 4 years before we needed to replace it.

We spent over $4,000.00 for the Rhapsody split king and did not get 4 years out of it. We are now waiting on delivery of a $1,000.00 Beautyrest split King. I have a feeling we will get much more than 4 years out of it. We are staying away from memory foam.

Our track record has been we got 18 years out of our Sterns and Foster queen, Replaced with Symbol 12 years a go and still have it in our guessed bed room (guest love it). Decided to upgrade to a King less than 4 years ago getting the Rhapsody and is now considered garbage.

Hope this helps,

Product or Service Mentioned: Tempurpedic Bed.

Comments

I also have the Rhapsody mattress, for about 5 years. At first it was very comfortable.

Recently I have been waking up with lower back pain, so I suspect it is sagging in that area.

I have just turned the mattress 180 degrees and am hoping this will help for a while.

We had the same experience.After reading some other complaints, we can still be happy for not being poisined by the chemicals released by this mattress.

Still who knows may be some of my health problems might be because of it.I don't want to see any Tempur all my life.

Hard to learn but, expensive mattress has nothing to do with quality.

I would not recommend a tempur-pedic mattress to anyone! I have had mine for 6 years and every night I dread going to bed.

The mattress has gotten very soft where I sleep. I can hardly turn over because I'm in such a deep hole. The foam is very soft after just a few minutes in bed, but it pops back up nice and flat during the day.

My back really hurts when I get up and I don't stay asleep for more than 3 hours at a time...because I am so uncomfortable. It was great when we first got it...but it is worthless after 5 or 6 years when it is supposed to last for 20!

Don't waste your hard earned money on this product.

*foot

I wanted to add we both are experiencing significant back pain. It is not just a preference for softness as the warranty suggests.

This is our exact problem! However we have the original least expensive mattress and it lasted about 7 years before becoming so soft we would rather sleep on the floor.

I laughed at the part about turning it over because I suggested that to my husband this morning. We currently have the mattress on the floor so we could take pictures for the warranty but since it returns to its original shape we have no recourse. When I step on the mattress my food sinks to the floor.

The edges of the bed are still firm. We used to love this mattress.

We had the same experience after owning the mattress for 6 years. You can feel the difference in firmness as the mattress is breaking down in the center.

As you have experienced, our springs back also. It is just loosing the firmness and has cause aches and pains.

we bought the "Advantage" tempur from the brick. Second week in the thing was so soft it put my bakc out of joint and started causing me major hip pain.

We took it back for a normal mattress, but one year later i am still in pain from that awful tempurpedic period. we also tried flipping it upside down but even that didn't make it firm enough.