3.6K views

After trying the "Sleep number bed" and a couple of high end pillow tops we decided on a Temurpedic "Deluxe bed".I'm a retired firefighter leaving on disablity due lumbar spine injuries and needed the best mattress I could find, Tempur had bombarded us with advertisements for years.

To the point, this bed has not only made my back worse and caused hip and shoulder pain I NEVER HAD but now I also suffer from asthma, and an autoimmune type illness that the doctors can not figure out. My endocrine system is a mess, which in turn causes a wide variety of issues [ too long to list and describe here] The inflammation from my back and hips is believed to have caused much of this but breathing the toxins from this mattress seems to be another huge problem. After just 2 weeks off of Tempurpedic many symptoms have subsided including respiratory and a reduction in orthopeadic pains. The damage is done though, some permanent.

DO NOT BUY TEMPURPEDIC !Class action lawsuit anyone ?

Review about: Tempurpedic Mattress.

Comments

I have had my TempurPedic mattress for 5 five MONTHS and I can hardly get out of bed my body is so sore!!!This mattress is so uncomfortable.

Our monetary loss is $10,000 and I am just SICK about it.

Can anyone tell me is there anything I can do?I did buy the mattress at a certified TempurPedic store....

Turner, Oregon, United States #1237479

I'm also very unhappy with our 2 year old Trmpurpefic Cloud Supreme.My main issue is sagging (wtf?!

I got this mattress after having the same issue with my Simmons BeautyRest innerspring!), but since getting the mattress I've also been diagnosed with asthma....at 44.

Is there a class action?If so, how do I join in?

to Anonymous #1237490

Tempurpedic was the biggest waste of money ever.I bought a California King and within a month, it was sagging in the middle.

Despite having a warranty, the company refused to replace it. Also, went thru multiple sets of box springs, they kept breaking due to poor construction. The company suggested maybe I was a fat person to have such problems. Sure, a single person who weighs about 125 lbs caused all these problems with her obese body.

SMH.

I threw the mattress away after a couple years.That was 4k down the toilet.

Jacksonville, Florida, United States #1224398

im in with you on lawsuit I have done everything to comply to get another mattress -just aplain $1000 mattress instead of this deathtrap $4000 'so called mattress"The company is so high on profits form retailers they will get out scott freee and all of us who paid BIG BUCKS are screwed.

N Johnson

to Anonymous Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada #1304060

I am also having problems.Bought my cloud on mar 2015, complained to them right away about my back and that the bed was sagging in the middle when my husband lays down I roll into the middle.

They had me take pictures and send them to Ottawa and then they said that the chief engineer said there is noting wrong with it. by that time it was too late to change it. Before a month was over after the purchase I went to sleep country and told then and they said the sleep country is a good company and they stand behind there product what! I have had extreme headaches, allergies an tired all the time.

I think we need to start a law suit I am too afraid to sleep in my and cannot afford to buy a new one. I spend 5000 on a bed and they said it was a great deal. I just finished paying it off.

I even said to sleep country that they could have the bed back, I just don't want to make my last payment and they said NO pay.i may talk to a lawyer but i cannot afford that either.

Jacksonville, Florida, United States #1224397

I wish there was another class action in my state-Florida/

This has destroyed my health with documented problems in respiratory problems and hip problems of my husband I got worse.

This has been a $4000 nightmare-

I jumped through hoops for them in my claim and they sloughed me off.

have you all ever noticed how they took off the handles on the mattresses? and you cant make a claim as the stretch material they put on top gives a false positive to the crucial test that I sent 50 pictures in for.

I've have the problem of mold on my tempurpedic.

Filed a claim: they said that I did not purchase a tempurpedic mattress protector but instead purchased the protector form the same people I bought the mattress from, Art Van furniture.

The claims department at tempurpedic denied my because of this fact.

After searching the wonderful inner net. I found that tempurpedic does have a problem on there hands. There is no way they can hide this problem, too many people are having the same problem.

Mold is EVERYWHERE on earth.

All you need is a sponge ( like a tempurpedic mattress). Now with that said. It would be hard for anyone not to understand that all that needs to be present is humidity and trapped air in the mattress a little body heat and guess what! The perfect environment to grow mold.

So we have a Company that knows that they have a problem with their product and is doing what a company that has a big up coming problem does....Blame it on everything but what is the problem really is.

Hello.I was wondering if someone can help, or is interested, in how a Tempur-pedic mattress almost killed me.

My wife and I bought it two years ago and we slept on it for a year and a half and my mental heath, ( I am mentally disabled), became much worse. Worse than ever actually, psychosis, de-realization to the point of suicidal ideations, worst schizophrenia I have experienced. Also, a general break down of my physical health to the point where I felt like I was dying. I felt like I was 90 years old and frail and every injury in my life, even minor ones, were now painful and making it difficult to function.

Quality of life is horrible and I am only 58 years old. Several doctors were tried but they could not figure out what was wrong. Slept on mattress for a year and a half, not ever thinking it could be to blame. Mattress was delivered and salesman AND Tempur-Pedic say, no need to air it out.

So, freshly made here in New Mexico, in a plastic bag, mattress is delivered. Opened bag and smell is not bad so we do as suggested and sleep on it that night. By second evening I am noticeably ill. It was attacking my central nervous system and causing me to lay in bed, on this killer mattress, because that's what you do when you are to sick, right?

Having no idea that it was the mattress making me sick I continued to sleep on it for a year and a half. Six months off it now and recovering but it is a slow process. I am now super sensitive to all environmental ..."triggers"? and live in fear of the next thing that is going to hurt me.

To add insult to injury, no one cares. Called Tempur-Pedic and was transferred immediately to what sounded to be a lawyer who denied any responsibility and treated me very poorly. People should know these mattresses can hurt you.

Can anyone help me?Why doesn't anyone care?

Ron

575-770-2923

alycats7@comcast.net

to Anonymous #1042149

Hello !I am the guy who started this thread " FirefighterCt"

Absolutely amazed by the comments / complaints that keep coming in on this product.

S I X Years, 8 doctors and no concrete answer other than " Inflammatory arthritis and asthma" Well things have changed a bit to include muscle pain, cramping, twitching (fasciculation) Muscle wasting and now GI ailments including a malabsorption condition that is being tested. It could be pancreas related which fits in with other endocrine issues such as FSH LH prolactin and prolactin all either way to high or low. Developed a large thyroid nodule (benign so far but about to be re tested) I am a mess !

Just recently my wife has developed INFLAMMATORY ARTHRITIS which is just what I started with ....her symptoms are almost the same.

Time to get rid of this slab of poison ! It's been encapsulated in plastic and covered with mattress pads for a long time but watching my wife start down the same path is too much.

Not one doctor will take the time to entertain the concept let alone talk about a class action.

The replacement might be Latex

to Anonymous South Dakota, United States #1243202

Hello, I am responding to your post a bit late but I have very similar symptoms such as yourself.I was wondering if you found out anything more about the connection of your tempurpedic and your endocrine issues.

If so, I would love to hear how you are resolving your issues and what steps you took to confirm the connection.Thank You!