2.6
Style and Design

In 2013, I purchased a queen size Sealy Embody mattress. A queen size mattress always seemed overkill to me, but since most mattresses are queen sized, I went with the queen size, although I generally preferred a full size mattress.

The Embody mattress was great, however, I had always wanted a Tempurpedic. In June 2016, I decided to take the plunge and purchased a Tempurpedic mattress. I opted to revert back to a full size mattress as the queen size Embody seemed to take up a lot of space. I also purchased the raise/lower platform with the mattress.

I was offered the 'massage' feature with the platform for a few hundred dollars more, but declined. The next day I received a call and was informed that the platform without the massage feature was on back, back order and they could give me the platform with the massage feature for $100.00 more. Of course, I took the bait because I didn't want to wait longer than the original 3 week delivery date. When the bed was delivered, I was aware that it might take getting used to, however I was excited to see how well I might sleep on my new mattress.

After a few nights of lousy sleep, I called the store where I purchased it. They suggested I walk on the mattress. I walked on it that day, and the next few days. It slept a little better, but still not as well as the 3 year old Sealy Embody mattress I had simply given away.

I decided to give it more time. It has now been almost 2 years later and I still miss the Embody mattress that I paid $1200.00 for, instead of the $3200.00, (Included the platform), I paid for the worthless no-sleep Tempurpedic mattress. I have always been very careful about purchases and had put off buying a Tempurpedic because of the ridiculous price. In 2016 I thought, I'm getting older and why not treat myself.

I decided to take the plunge and sink my hard earned money into this wonderful, prestigious, awesome, miracle sleep mattress. Now, like so many other people who took the plunge, purchasing another mattress is not really an option because of the money they sunk into a Tempurpedic. After sleeping on a Tempurpedic for almost 2 years now, my advice would be that if you are considering buying a Tempurpedic mattress, run the other way, unless, of course, you simply have some irresistible desire to pay twice as much money for a mediocre mattress. I will never recommend buying a Tempurpedic.

When you speak to them about your dissatisfaction, their response is that you purchased the low end mattress, etc. Hmmm, let's do the math, a low end mattress for $1500.00+ dollars should be a pretty darn good mattress, or should at least be semi-sleepworthy.

If you are looking at buying a Tempurpedic, research your options and spend your money on a Sealy or other brand. You will not only get a better mattress, you will get a good night's sleep knowing that you didn't throw away money on a mediocre mattress.

djhenbest@gmail.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Tempurpedic Mattress.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments