1.3K views

I don't know if I'm the exception to the rule, but I have nothing but good things to say about how well Tempurpedic handles a warranty.

2 years ago, my wife and I purchased the King Celebrity. After a year, the stitching started to loosen and shift. We sent picturs, filled out the warranty packet and about a month later, we had our replacment bed.

About a year after that, the same thing was happening again. Come to find out, that the celebrity model has been discontinued and the substitue appeared to have reinforced stitching. Probably why they discontinued it.

Anyway, the cs rep we dealt with was very prompt and accomodating. Offered a substitute mattress. We decided to upgrade to the split king with advance ergo system. We were very impressed with the upgrade charges. Had we purchased in the store or online, we would have spent a small fortune. Courtney saved us over 2K,, yes two thousand dollars off of the retail price.

To our surprize, 2 days later a ups package shows up with 2 mattres covers compliments of Tempurpedic.

Our bed just arrived today. From beginning of initial warranty call to the delivery of our replacement bed was 3-1/2 weeks.

The only suggestion I can offer is this, when you call, try being pleasant. Problems happen, its not the person who answered the phone's fault you are either unhappy with the bed that you purchased or their is a defect. It's no different than purchasing a car. Think hard before you buy it. If you're not sure, then don't buy it. Tempurpedic will honor their warranty. They have proven that to us.

Some like the beds, some don't. Its all personal preference. My wife and I happen to really enjoy ours. Keep in mind, before you do or do not purchase this or make any other retail purchase, the majority of people that post are consumers that are not happy with the purchase they made and are upset because the retailer does not give them what they want.

Read the fine print, familiarize yourself with the verbaige and make sure you completely understand your rights after the purchase. Don't go on a witch hunt when the retailer upholds their responsibility to the consumer as listed on the purchase agreement.

If you are trying to get something outside of the purchase agreement, try working on your approach. If you approach the retailer softly and with respect, chances are, they are more than happy to work with you.

If you present yourself like an uneducated hot head and put the call taker on the defensive, you'll get nowhere.

Good Luck and again,, My wife and I have nothing but great things to say about the product and customer service trom tempurpedic.

Review about: Tempurpedic Mattress.

Had an Experience with TempurPedic?

Comments

Amanda, get a yardstick or a level, use a ruler and you can measure the sag.My bed was purchased in 2003.

It hasn't been used much since I was in the military and away from home A LOT. Now married and out of the military, my husband and I have been sleeping on it every night only since late 2010. The past 8-12months we have noticed how it sags and how our backs hurt again. I will be calling the company about this, but ours dose sag 3/4".

Sad for such an expensive bed to not even last the warranty or promised life use.Love the bed new, but not now.

The problem I have with the warranty is that you are led to believe the mattress will last 20 years.However, the bed softens over time and becomes saggy in the spots where you sleep.

Ours is so bad we both have major back pain and need a new mattress. In order to get a replacement from tempurpedic it has to sag more than 3/4" when no one is on it. This is impossible to show since it springs back to its original position. We used to love this bed and after 7 years it needs to replaced.

The only way your tempupedic mattress will last 20 years is if you aren't sleeping on it.And I have no idea how to get a replacement if the "only" problem is that the mattress is so soft it no longer offers any support.

Santini,

If the website is strictly for complaints, how come they offer the posting author to choose "Tempurpedic Compliment" OR "Tempurpedic Complaint"... check the top link again.

Thanks for some common sense comments

Shills are everywhere these days.

Allgood, Alabama, United States #268234

Maybe not the exception to the rule, but definitely on the wrong website...this is for complaints.