If you have experienced a tempurpedic mattress that feels like it is falling apart and not doing what it did the first year you got it, we may have good news. We noticed the foundation boxes creaking and the bed peaking in the middle. The sides of the bed were like soft cream cheese and there was no support. You sunk so far into the mattress and it was so lopsided that it caused us to be sore and ache all night and each morning.
As it turns out the tempurpedic foundation boxes are made of inferior material. They bow and pit and creak after time. They are not wood based at all but cheap fiber.
We replaced them with 2 other standard box springs, went to Home Depot and had them cut two pieces of 1/4 in. MDF (Medium Density Fibre Board). Our king tempurpedic mattress measured 79" X 74". They were each cut to 74" wide. One was cut longer to accommodate body length from head to under the knee. The 2nd piece was cut to the remainder of the length of the bed. We placed these across the twin box springs, then placed the tempurpedic mattress on top.
THAT SOLVED THE PROBLEM. The bed acts as it did the first time we slept on it.
Reason: The Tempurpedic mattresses are meant to be put on a totally flat surface. A platform bed or even the floor would work. This solution cost us $50.00 and it turned out to be the best one of all we tried. We lived with the bed and back problems for 2 years before trying this. IT WORKS!!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Tempurpedic Mattress
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Don't believe the hype!!! I bought two of these believing they would help my migraine as hyped in the infomercials. I Washed it ONCE and it turned into a..."
- "my mattress isn't even a yr old !! between 2 to 3 months of buying this mattress it becomes a big puff of air in the middle an sinkholes..."
- "I bought a "bonded" leather sofa/sleeper in 2011 with a 5yr Goof Proof warranty. The cushions started to buckle and peel this year, after the 1yr manufacturer warranty expired. I..."
- "BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE 3D Retrievers - Labrador Retriever Breeder Conroe, TX Recently purchased a 3 year old Lab, who was stated to be in good health, with no known health..."
- "I am extremely disappointed and furious to have been scammed by this company THE DEAL EMPIRE at the value of $66.80 for the purchase of Body Shaper panties and Slim..."
- "They are not paying people. They owe me money and have no intentions of ever paying it. This place is a complete and total SCAM! Me: 8 days and no..."
- "Afer my experience, I beleive that purchasing a phone from Cell2get.com is a gamble. It took me 78 days to receive the correct model and new phone I purchased. I..."
- "I ordered a purse from here and before I even purchased the purse I asked was it still available the seller said yes. Needless to say I waited more than..."
- "The market place put me in a plan With$500 deductible and $2000 out of pocket with Blue Cross and Blue shield. Then when I received the letter it was a..."